Monday, May 16, 2005

Monster

Was at Monster Records last week. I spent close to an hour going through almost evertying they had and found absolutely nothing. It was amazing. They have so much of nothing there. It seems like they specialize in having non-relevant records of previously relevant bands. For example in the Stones section they had nothing that predated like '75 or something. Basically just all the bad stuff; amazing. This was the case for every band basically. Just lots of really bad rock and pop records from the 70s and 80s. They maintain a very specific aesthetic there. They have an embaressing blues section which is made up mostly of white bands like Powder Blues Band and other equal crap. I don't plan to return there anytime soon as I was thoroughly dissapointed. I need to get back to Around Again as its been a while since I've been there.

No comments: