Sunday, March 26, 2006

Friday



NYC is out of business





Barber Shops at Bloor and Ossington



St. George


On friday I bought a used copy of Paul's Boutique by Beastie Boys. I have had a non-original pressing of the album on vinyl for a while but have always been dissapointed by the low mastering quality of my version. It sounded really bad and quiet. When the Grand Royal double vinyl reissue came and went in '98 I kicked myself for never picking up a copy. That was 8 years ago and it was a limited, one time batch. Well, I got a used copy at Play D vintage on friday and I am a happy man. I'm listening to it now and it sounds so great; everything this record should be. The full sound of the high quality double pressing can't be matched. Needless to say its one of my favoutire records of all time for many reasons and I'm very happy to own it in this superior format.

1 comment:

Jordie Gomez said...

The trick to getting the 98' re-issue was to ask for Janice, the record stores were under strick orders not to sell to people unless they asked for janice.